Fun Things to do in Yosemite



ADDITIONAL POINTS OF NOTE:
Every camp within Yosemite provides "bear boxes" outside your tent/cabin, which is a box where you store all of your food so bears can't get it. The box isn't locked but it has a tricky mechanism so humans can open it but bears can't. It makes you think twice about going to get a snack. "Hey, I think I want some Pringles. Eh, nevermind. Not worth the effort" For that reason, those hoping to lose weight might consider putting a bear box in your home kitchen as a helpful dieting tool.

Half Dome is the big, congratulatory hike to attempt. In August, it is frustrating due to the hordes of people hiking with you. I didn't attempt it, I don't like crowds while I hike.

Yosemite offers night tram tours during full moons. Its beautiful seeing El Capitan, The Cathedral, etc. in the full moonlight.

1 comment:

  1. I thought that title over my bikini bod said, "jumping in icey water makes you invisible." Hence my lack of shame while continuing to swig beer with my beer gut on full display.

    ReplyDelete